Thursday, June 18, 2009

Cooper and Rocky







Cooper was in the Jr. Rodeo this last weekend and had a ball! In the Mutton Bustin', his sheep took two steps out of the shoot and lept 4 feet in the air! Needless to say, Coop went off the side and got a mouthful of dirt. Poor buddy! A friend of ours got a picture of the sheep in mid-air with Cooper hanging off the side, when she e-mails it to me I will post it. He did very well in the rest of his events. I was so proud of him, he is getting so big. On the speed barrel (run horse down around a barrel and back) Rocky would not go! He kept trying to go back to the gate. Cooper didn't let him quit, he didn't get frustrated or upset, he just kept trying until he got to the barrel. Then, of course, when Rocky realized they were going back in the direction of the gate, he went! Cooper did not win a buckle, which he had his heart set on, but he is excited for next year and is already talking about what he will do different!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for cooper. I wish I could participate in the Jr. Rodeo. Can Coop give me lessons?

    ReplyDelete